We updated our graphical prototype with regard to the latest discussion in class. It can be seen here.
User feedback summary
Hans (prototype v1.0):
- likes to have a separate account for each app
- feeling uncomfortable with adding songs because doesn’t want to ruin atmosphere
- the choice of music really matters, people can be really slow about choosing an appropriate song
- the search button is very small
- clicked the V indicator in the playlist instead of heart button. V indicator is bad, too similar
- preview doesn’t work for me in a noisy place
- would like to bookmark song to personal Spotify
- heart is a wrong symbol – i cannot like what i haven’t heard
- where i’m getting code – from tv screen?
- numbers in playlist – I don’t get how it’s sorted
- confused name of playlist with the first song
- solution for “V” problem – just heart and number nearby
- will it filter as I type?
- virtual tokens/coins are better than usds for credit
- Pyro – iphone app – how interactions work
- ‘add to playlist’ doesn’t look like a link
- if i’m alone – i’d rather know what i’m giving out logging in, so i’d click why login or go anonymous; if with friend – facebook
- ‘add to playlist’ doesn’t look like a link
- i would press the V button
- for me heart icon means “i like it”, and i would anticipate a notification about this song when it’ll play. up arrow’d be better
- playlist order is clear, like in spotify
- single song screen: for me works as in Deezer, carousel. Tinder like swiping would work if there would be an indication what will happen
- preview button – could be cool if it plays as long you press the button
Tamara (1.1, playlist items in the prototype changed to printed ones):
- the app could be actually a part of a venue’s app – people could pay from it for drinks and get them from baristas by showing the code on the phone screen without need to outvoice the surrounding noise
- a possibility to pay for voting from the app, not only by entering codes from receipts would be good
- tv could show the readiness of order made previously from an app
- i would like to login with my email
- it seems natural for me that my voted songs will be saved over time in the app
- i’ve thought that logging in with a Facebook account will share all voted songs on FB automatically
- the digit code on login screen — i’m uncertain whether it is the code of the venue or of the playlist
- the possibility to add a new song (if you want to add it right away) is not visible, the adding via search button is not obvious
- the order of the playlist is not clear for me
- i would prefer to see the song added by me on the top (some kind of fixed bar with the added songs’ status?) or highlighted by color
- will the popup tooltip over the vote button about the possibility to long-press it be there every time or…? How will I know about it if it’s not there? maybe you need a second button for supervoting
- not fully clear from the interface how much votes will be needed for raising a song higher (one)
- arrows in the single song screen mean for me that it’s a carousel
- i wouldn’t like the possibility to vote swiping left/right, i’m familiar with this Tinder-like pattern but that way I could accidentally, too easily vote for a song that I don’t like and lose my money
- V indicator is often mistaken for the Vote button (3)
- I’d like to have a possibility to login by email (2)
- heart is a wrong symbol for a voting icon (2)
- the order of the playlist is not clear (2)
- Tinder-like swiping may not work (2)
The following changes will be made to the next interation of the prototype based on the first testing feedback:
- a separate task for testing the bar credit entering process including additional prototype elements
- a screen with all-voted-for-ever songs
- a variant of voting button — arrow up (should be tested and compared)
- separate button for adding new songs (“+”?)
- ‘add to playlist’ should look like a link/button
- short help introduction screen in the beginning with info where to get credit codes and how algorithm works
- switcher for tinder-mode?
- tips for arrows in tinder-mode
- clarify when to show long-press-to-supervote tooltip
- songs added by me highlighted in playlist
- an information somewhere about privacy when logging in via FB
- numbers in playlist
- replace cents with virtual currency (beers?)
- increase the size of upper bar buttons
- filter while typing
- add login with email button and register screen
- divide visually the name of the playlist
- add sharing to spotify
Here are the photos of our initial paper prototype:
- You’d like to login and get to the playlist of the event you’re in right now
- You’d like to find a specific song you’ve heard in the morning and you want as much people to hear it
- You’d like to share that song with people so it would play at the event
- You’d like to browse through existing songs in the playlist and vote for them if they deserve it
This scenario appears realistic to me. I am not blind but I think that finding way must be very depressed for blind people.
- Yes, this is situation when blind people want use your application.
- It can look realistic but you have to install special hardware to every building where you want use this application. I do not know if it is realistic to you.
- I want add notice to some dangerous places like start of stairs or end of balcony.
- Yes, vibration alerting system can by useful for some very important warning.
- Definitely yes.
- Every public places where blind people go. But mainly place where are many people like shops, schools, or underground.
This scenario appears very idealistic to me. I thing that in real usage application will not work so perfect and the application can make some inaccuracy. Aside from these things this scenario can be possible.
- Yes, this scenario gives me clear understanding about application usage.
- First you have to install special hardware to as much as possible buildings, then this application can looking realistic.
This scenario is very similar to previous scenario.
- No, it is OK.
- I think that this application is very helpful to blind users. It can absolutely change them meaning.
- I thing that it is very interesting and useful application and every blind, who visits building where is installed ibeacon device, want use this application.
This scenario is very interesting. It is good idea to use this application for people who are not blind but cannot use hands during walking.
- Mainly voice control, but touch control can be useful for someone too.
- I would recommend this app all blind person.
This scenario is very similar to some previous scenarios.
- I like this application and it can be very helpful for blind people. In the buildings it will be better helper then guide-dog. It will be their the best helper.
- I do not have any blind friend or person.